Project Manager/Scrum Master
- 5+ years’ experience in project management using Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
- Flexible work culture, prioritizing work/life balance
- A highly skilled team developing and supporting some of the most extensive, complex information systems in Canada
Our client is the exclusive provider of IT systems and business solutions to one of Canada’s largest and most recognizable employers, which has served Canadians for over 150 years. Their purpose is driving operational evolution by leveraging advancing technology for this critical, and logistically complex national service.
Project Manager/Scrum Master
Your primary goal will be to lead projects from inception to completion. You’ll be working with top professionals in a context where multiple projects are on the go. This role will benefit from your analytical mind, exceptional communication skills, and leadership.
Specifically, you will:
- Oversee integration of the agile teams’ deliverables with the project at large, as well as how deliverables may have touchpoints in related sub-domains
- Lead or play a key role in Scrum of Scrum (or program) meetings to drive coordination
- Provide the direction required to meet the project objectives and commitments
- Analyze and make decisions on projects, considering project functionality, cost, schedule, and quality
- Define, forecast, manage, and report on project resources (capital, expenses)
- Manage project risk and ensure appropriate management of stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with project standards, processes, and business partner requirements
- Act as prime liaison between internal project stakeholders and third-party organizations
- Ensure global project reporting requirements are delivered to the Planning & Intake team in collaboration with the Project Control Officer (PCO)
- Provide all groups with timely and accurate project information
- Ensure the compliance with the PM processes, tools and methodology, in close collaboration with the Head of Project Management Office (PMO)
Why Work Here?
This is a highly engaging place to work for a few reasons:
- The people – their staff are advanced in their respective fields, and they constantly seek out top project managers, business analysts, QA professionals, Java developers, and SAP experts. You’ll run with the runners here.
- The work – they work on some of the most extensive, complex systems, and mobile properties in Canada. That includes one of the broadest mobile application and device deployments, the busiest e-commerce websites, and most-widely distributed retail networks in Canada.
- The impact – their contribution goes beyond the day-to-day work. They’ve raised over $4 million for local charities connected to “children and families in need.” There’s a shared desire to make a local difference.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5+ years of direct experience in Agile / Scrum/ iterative development
- University degree in Engineering, Technology or related field
- PMP certification
- Experienced in managing projects with comprehensive knowledge of project methodologies and tools
- Strong understanding of key concepts of financial processes such as budgeting, financial modeling, ROI development etc.
- 5-8 years’ experience contributing to midsize-to-large initiatives with above-average levels of complexity and business criticality
These would be assets:
- Technical Degree/Diploma
- ITIL foundations
- Agile certification
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
As a technical professional, it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. Applying here will give you the opportunity to join our talent community, and hear about other jobs that fit your profile.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.