We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Quality Specialist
Resume Due Date: Tuesday September 15, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Duration: 12 months
The contractor will perform suppliers audits and assessments in support of Darlington New Nuclear
• Performing and documenting Supplier audits, assessments, oversights, and surveillance inspections, and providing technical guidance, assistance and support to procurement staff, engineering staff, consultants, and suppliers to identify, resolve and prevent quality problems related to the procurement of products and services. Providing guidance relating to the Approved Suppliers List (ASL), particularly restrictions and code references, communicating changes to internal clients/stakeholders. Leading the Approved Supplier List (ASL) Oversight Committee. Developing, maintaining, and trending Supplier quality performance. Initiating corrective action for supplier quality issues.
• Travel frequently (i.e., up to 49% of working time) to supplier’s and supplier’s sub-supplier locations in Canada, United States, and Outside North America, as part of their regular function (i.e. audits, assessments, oversights, surveillance inspections, supplier development, corrective action follow-up, training, and workshops).
• Performing and documenting Supplier audits and providing technical guidance, assistance and support to procurement staff, engineering staff, consultants, and suppliers to identify, resolve and prevent quality problems related to the procurement of products and services. Providing guidance relating to the Approved Suppliers List (ASL), particularly restrictions and code references, communicating changes to internal clients/stakeholders. Leading the Approved Supplier List (ASL) Oversight Committee.
• Performing and documenting supplier assessments. Identification of issues, challenges, risks, and opportunities for performance improvements that may impact the success of a project.
• Performing and documenting procurement oversight activities to ensure compliance with applicable engineering, quality assurance, and regulatory requirements. Activities can apply to all Suppliers, but the frequency with EPC Contractors will be higher. Preparing and updating Procurement Oversight Plans in consultation with Project Managers. Reviewing procurement material/Quality plans prepared by EPC Contractors and Suppliers.
• When Supplier non-conformances are detected ,influence the Supplier to take corrective action to correct the problem and prevent recurrence. Ensuring any resulting non-conformances are followed up and satisfactorily concluded and in a timely manner. Interfacing with supplier’s executive management on quality matters, obtaining acceptance of the corrective actions and development plans, including commitments to resolve them.
• Developing and maintaining Supplier performance quality information systems, including development of key metrics for Supplier performance monitoring/trend reporting, health indexes, and risk assessment tools. Maintaining and updating Supplier performance metrics in the Electronic Performance Report (EPR) system – i.e. Generation Loss due to vendor quality, TOEs/ Generation Threats, etc.
• Collecting and analyzing Supplier’s quality performance data to determine trends, recommend corrective and preventative actions, and initiate required actions in a timely manner to drive improvement. This includes interfacing with Supplier’s quality, technical, and management personnel to identify quality problems and collaboratively developing and implementing solutions, and ensuring that effective corrective action is effectively implemented. Preparing various Supplier performance reports and key performance indicators (KPls) and Supplier health index metrics. This includes delivering presentations to OPG and Suppliers executives. Developing and implementing mitigation and escalation plans for poor performing Suppliers, including performance reviews with top problematic Suppliers.
• Performing and documenting surveillance inspection activities at OPG’s Suppliers for services, materials, items, and components procured and received by OPG to ensure compliance with Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory requirements. Develop and update surveillance inspection plans using graded approach methodologies.
• Evaluating the business activities of the Business Unit against quality management criteria approved by the Senior Leadership, report findings, observations, and provide improvement recommendations. This includes performing departmental and divisional self-assessments.
• Developing and updating governance (i.e., program, procedures, instructions, guides, forms, etc.) to ensure effective implementation of supply chain and quality management requirements.
• Planning, developing, and presenting training courses for staff of OPG and associated organizations to ensure that quality-related policies, procedures and practices associated with the procurement of products and services are understood and properly implemented
• 8+ years of experience.
• Requires engineering knowledge to provide a complete technical service for the procurement
• The successful applicants shall have a valid Pressure Boundary Lead Auditor Certificate compliant to CSA N286-12, CSA N285.0 a11d N QA-1
• experience to be knowledgeable of Canadian and international quality assurance standards and requirements, and quality management practices and their application to the design, procurement, production, inspection and testing of mechanical!, electrical, electronic and computer equipment.
• Requires knowledge and experience in the design, operation or maintenance of chemical, nuclear or thermal/fossil plants.
•Requires experience in the support and optimization of manufacturing processes, surveillance inspections, quality system audits and oversight