We are looking for a Laboratory Technician to perform bench analyses, basic laboratory maintenance tasks and, with direction, some complex technical assignments in the Laboratory Chemistry area.
This is a long term contract with a state of the art. ISO 9001 registered laboratory that provides analytical testing on a variety of chemicals, fluids, gasses and much more.
- Maintain and enhance a safe working environment while achieving targeted production with high quality results.
- Maintain and enhance customer satisfaction through knowledge and implementation of the Laboratory Quality Plan.
- Interact with the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), including sample receipt, data entry, schedule management and trend review.
- Complete Training, Qualification, and achieve proficiency in assigned analytical areas:
- Operation of common laboratory.
- Performance of calibration checks on laboratory instruments prior to use.
- Perform routine analytical procedures operating analytical instruments (e.g. pH, Karl Fisher Moisture, Oil & Grease, Solids, etc.).
- Performs maintenance/procedures associated with the area of assignment
- Successfully analyzes proficiency samples in areas of qualification.
- Assist with the work of higher classification and perform similar and less skilled work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry or related Science, Associates Degree in Chemistry or related Science and 3 years applicable lab experience, OR high school diploma and 5 years applicable lab experience.
- Must be available to work overtime and off-shifts.
- Must have ability for solving technical problems.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Should have initiative, creativity, dependability, good judgement and a good work ethic.
- Exhibits accountability, teamwork, and adaptability.
- Must be capable of lifting at least 50 lbs.