- Burlington, ON
- $18 per hour
- Nights, 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
- Contract until November 2020 with possibility of extension based on job performance
- Starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with a company that designs innovative solutions for the diverse clients that uses various card production equipment to make personalized debit/credit cards.
As their new Logistics Clerk, you will be working a full-time, contract position. You enjoy working in fast-paced, active environment that requires a keen attention to detail. You enjoy moving good and raw material through a production environment. You have great time management and organizational skills.
You will be…
- Inspect, receive and store incoming materials (cards, collateral and supplies) in the designated areas in a safe and secure fashion and in accordance with logistics and quality procedures
- Maintaining associated records and generating necessary paperwork and electronic files in accordance with required procedures
- Follow security procedures when receiving and shipping goods
- Accurately perform necessary inventory transactions for cards and collateral in ERP system
- Control access to the vaults and ensure a timely and accurate service is provided to other departments, following vault security guidelines and procedures
- Perform daily mailing duties, securely handle electronic mailing lists; sort, label, pack, track, and trace mail as well as to generate hard and soft documents; and to follow dispatch K.R.S related to type of portfolio been processed
- Investigate and resolve any shipping/mailing/receiving and /or card issuing issues and bring it to management attention when appropriate.
- Perform daily Inventory Management activities with cards and collateral;
- Operate forklift and other material handling equipment as needed in a safe manner;
- Adapting to changing priorities; making plans to achieve those goals and implementing them
- Ensure that all pertinent information related to shift carry-over, including job and machine status, is conveyed to the incoming operators during shift transitions.
- Promote and contribute to a team environment and strive for High Performance team status
- Attend appropriate training and meetings as required
- Always adhere to company safety policies and procedures
Why this is the right job for you…
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand for an extended period and lift up to 50 lbs
- Counterbalance Forklift license would be an asset
- Previous Warehouse and/or Shipping and Receiving experience
- Demonstrated inventory management skills
- Willingness to ask questions and give assistance as needed
- Strong computer skills
- Like a neat and tidy workstation
- Able to start on Day shift for 2-weeks of training and then transfer to Nights
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.