Who Are You?
You’re a skilled CAD Technician with an eagle-eye for detail, and year or two of experience as a CAD Technician. You want a role that will help you build on your knowledge and experience, at a company that will value you and your contribution.
Who’s The Employer?
Our client has been providing electric and gas service for more than 100 years, powering quality of life for more than 1.3 million customers in Missouri. They’re known for their innovation, commitment to renewable energy, and social impact in their community. They credit their success to their “all-in” culture, where people bring their best, support one another, and win together.
This position is a 6-month contract with a competitive wage, and potential to build a career here beyond your contract. This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
The primary focus of this role is CAD drafting of the transmission lines that make up the electrical transmission network of our client.
Specifically, you will:
- Draw, update and maintain transmission substation and line drawings (electrical, civil, structural, building and other diagrams associated with transmission designs)
- Change drawings to match marked prints or instructions
- Create, maintain and prepare special posters, signs, charts, maps, and reports
- Take field measurements or sketches to resolve discrepancies on drawings or maps
- Maintain and update information in the electronic drawing management system
Why You’ll Love It Here
When you join, you’ll be surrounded with a diverse group of committed people. They’re committed to making the world a better place by embracing diversity, and investing in the community with time and resources. Their culture has won them awards as a top company among utilities for diversity and inclusion, and the #9 spot in Great Places to Work.
This is a 6-month contract with potential for extension, working remotely from Missouri. Wage will be competitive and commensurate with experience. You’ll work Monday to Friday, 8 hours each day.
Here’s what you need:
· 1-2 years of experience in a CAD technician role
· Associate degree, or completed courses in CAD drafting
These would be considered assets:
· Experience using MicroStation, SolidWorks, or Revit
- · Experience reading and analyzing drawings associated with transmission design (electrical, civil, structural)