We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 Months
Support initiatives related to development of a strategy to empty and clean the Pickering fuel bays in support of decommissioning activities to follow.
Specific details as follows;
- Lead the assessments to study strategic options for accelerating the removal, storage of all fuel and related fuel bay substances from the Pickering irradiated fuel bays that compliments the accelerated decommissioning strategy being developed and analyzed.
- Establish an interim conceptual report that describes concept options, costs and risks.
- Assist in the preparation of an internal study and develop an interim conceptual report, and conduct working level meetings.
- Develop a high-level plan, with options, high-level costs, and risk identified to achieve the business objectives. This will describe fuel processing, storage and bay clean-up conceptual options, related cost ranges, and risks.
- Manage interface meetings with the vendor and OPG stakeholders.
- Support in the preparation of Board material, and presentation preparation.
- Knowledge of the Pickering fueling bay operations is required, specifically regarding fuel removal and dry storage.
- Experience developing Scope of Work documents and detailed reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in order to bring a cross functional team together to achieve objectives.
- Completion of a four year University Degree in Engineering.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required.
- Prior experience in fuel bay management and used fuel management at an OPG/CANDU facility.