Our client, a market-leading integrated oil company is looking for a SCADA Application developer to be part of the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of assigned software development, developer testing, and support activities, under the oversight of a Development/Technical Lead. This will be in order to deliver quality mission critical software products and services as specified by and to satisfy the business needs of the client business units, within the defined SCADA Replacement Program commitments. You will also be working with staff from other areas for the overall benefit of the SCADA Replacement Program, Pipeline Control Systems & Leak Detection (PCSLD), Technology & Information Services (TIS), and the client.
What you will be doing…
- Participate in the research, design, development, porting, maintenance, and testing of mission critical software applications (including the HMI – Human Machine Interface displays) and their implementation into the new OASyS DNA SCADA and applicable Leak Detection systems.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, problem diagnosis, application testing and configuration changes, as a member of the team which takes ownership of custom (competitive advantage) SCADA and Leak Detection software products.
- Be responsive, supportive, and available to other SRP teams in support of the SCADA Replacement Program and other business areas.
- Support SRP and PCSLD through after hours on-call (as required), transition of Software Solutions projects, and any tier 3 (critical issue escalation) development support work assigned.
- Demonstrate commitment to the SRP Software Solutions team and its success.
- Demonstrate and apply an understanding of Software Development best practices, standards, and operating procedures as applicable to mission critical, SCADA and Leak Detection software development.
- Perform code reviews on developers of all experience levels as per published procedure, with the ability to give and take constructive feedback.
- Maintain leading edge technical skills through regular technical training, industry conferences, and internal cross-training, and use that knowledge to help the entire team stay current on industry/technology trends.
- Prepare and maintain documentation as per the client and SRP standards.
- Participate in the client’s Health and Safety program.
What you will need to succeed…
- Relevant degree / diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 8 years of directly related work experience.
- Strong industry expertise in C#, ASP.NET, Python, C++ and/or Java with an excellent track record of designing and implementing complex, mission critical, or SCADA system software.
- Knowledge and experience in SCADA Systems (particularly Schneider Electric’s OASyS DNA Platform), communication protocols, PLC/RTU/DCS data driver development and both historical and real-time data access methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL programming, interfaces, and databases.
- Experience working with Agile and/or Kanban development methodologies and working in teams that produce iterative results.
- Awareness and/or experience with modern Data Science & Analysis practices, with a focus on algorithms and machine learning.
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Unix operating systems.
- Strong analytical communications and problems solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good presentation skills and ability to write technical documents/specifications.
- Sound organizational skills. Able to handle multiple tasks and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, priority-changing environment.
- Ability to deliver on commitments
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.