We are looking for a Project Controls Analyst on behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors. They will perform cost related activities to support the project execution team related to project cost management, forecast and budget analysis, schedule, reporting, and earned value management using EcoSys.
- Analyze and maintain the project costs at the WBS level including control budget, incurred costs, commitments, and forecast.
- Provide the project team with accurate and timely cost information and reporting.
- Perform earned value measurements to anticipate forecast impacts.
- Perform monthly project close processes and prepare monthly project reports and comparative capital cost estimates for the project in Excel and EcoSys.
- Prepare and document project change orders timely in accordance with Project Management Office standards.
- Engage the Project Managers in meetings and discussions to review and reforecast project costs.
- Review cost transactions to ensure accurate project costs.
- Communicate with larger Controls team for the project.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Field Cost Analysts to ensure engagement with the project progress, changes, highlights and issues.
- Maintain the project Work Breakdown Structure such that it facilitates project execution and cost control during project execution and meets Accounting requirements for asset creation and project closeout.
- Provide support and guidance to Engineering Cost Associates for work order maintenance, invoice coding and validation.
- Participate in meetings to stay informed of project changes to scope, cost, schedule and progress.
- This role is guided by industry standardized practices, Company processes, and general work assignment.
- Four year degree or combination of education and related experience.
- 5+ years of Project Controls or Project Management experience.
- Project Management Professional designation is preferred
- Experienced analytical skills including Earned Value Management
- An independent worker within a team setting.
- Proficient in the use of Oracle Financials, PCMS system and MS office suite, to include proficiency in Excel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and understands the importance of data reconciliation