We are looking for a Business Analyst to support projects related to process or system changes. They will serves as a liaison to functional Business Leads and provide key project deliverables, including but not limited to Business Process Mapping, Current State Analysis, Business and Technical requirements gathering, and creation of required documentation including standards, procedures, and processes.
Our client is a leader in natural gas distribution
- Assist the Project Manager with project scope definition and general business analysis support throughout the project life-cycle.
- Assist the Project Manager with project management tasks as needed, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Prepare business cases, current state (as-is) and future state (to be) analysis, process flow mapping, RACI and RAPID model, business process optimization recommendations, workshop facilitation, and training content.
- Responsible for preparing business requirements (business rules, business/functional/technical) specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Maintain functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Translate technical information into general terms understandable by broad audiences.
- Coordinate and participate in User Acceptance Testing activities.
- Act as a cross functional Business Analyst to support multiple areas of the business, as needed (e.g. Integrity, asset management, work management, compliance, etc.)
- Business Analyst certification, and/or related degree
- 10+ years related experience within the oil and gas industry
- Experienced with business process mapping, including facilitating future state process development and creating process maps
- Understanding of project lifecycle stage gating controls and importance of document and records management
- Ability to support, adapt to change quickly, and move across various types of projects when needed
- Excellent writing skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and time management
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions with a strong understanding of information technology and its application to solving business problems
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and 3rd party vendors
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Visio