We are looking for a candidate with solid experience in cloud server/facility management and operations in our clients office and data centre. Scope of this work includes troubleshooting and fixing servers with hardware/software and network issues for users, working with researchers/engineers The candidate is also expected to participate in research activities on large-scale computer systems to realize real-world applications with exponential speedup, such as drug discovery and climate prediction. Job duties include scripting codes using these computing resources, and analyzing/optimizing overall performance. The candidate is responsible for the following services during standard work hours, which are described below.
– Manage and administer servers, networks, operating systems and services such as Kubernetes, Docker, OpenLDAP, DNS, and NFS
– Diagnose system performance, update computer systems and resolve hardware/software issues
– Install, configure, and maintain switches, servers, firewalls, hard drives and software
– Conduct inspections on power and cooling systems to ensure they are operational and efficient
– Organize the floor space for easy accessibility
– Optimize network through data analysis
– Provide technical support
– Prepare reports, analyze data and metrics
– Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls/emails in a timely manner
– Create and document operational procedures
– Work together with experts from other teams on projects
– 3+ years of experience deploying and supporting servers in a 24/7 production data centre environment
– Strong experience working in Unix/Linux environment
– BA/BS Degree in Technical field or equivalent practical experience
– Capable of working with minimal supervision
– Solid foundation in programming/scripting language, version control systems.
– Experience writing scripts to automate administration tasks.
– Experience administering server cluster orchestrated by Kubernetes
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances
your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work
at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation,
we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier
through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be