We are looking for an experienced Field Cost Analyst on behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors.
Contract Duration – Until Nov 2021
Location: Duluth, MN
The Line 3 replacement team is looking for a person to perform Field controls responsibilities.
Under the direction of the Facilities Supervisor Project Controls, provide analysis and support to the project team related to construction contract management, forecast, and budget analysis, schedule review, LEMS entry, reporting of incurred costs and earned value measurements using Project Controls Cost Management System (EcoSys).
The focus of this position is Field-level controls to support the construction
- Review contractor-provided and P6 Master Schedules to ensure they are representative of the completed and planned work plans.
- Analyze and maintain the project contract(s) forecast and control budget at the WBS level with primary responsibility for field-level controls.
- Provide the project team with accurate and timely field cost information and reporting.
- Ensure contract Control requirements are received timely and reviewed for accuracy.
- Liaise with other field stakeholders to ensure engagement with the construction progress, changes, highlights, and issues.
- Communicate at a high level with the central controls team for the project.
- Perform earned value measurements for the managed contracts per the PMO standards.
- LEMS entry, analysis, and reconciliation.
- Vendor invoice reconciliation to LEM’s as assigned.
- Participate in update meetings in the field related to cost, schedule, and progress.
- Under the guidance of the Supervisor Project Controls, the incumbent will analyze and maintain cost-related activities described under the Specific Accountabilities using the Project Controls Management System.
- This role is guided by standardized practices, existing processes, and general work assignments.
- Decision making follows established, written guidelines and/or the incumbent has immediate access to guidance or supervision by more senior Financial Controls professionals, including the Supervisor Project Controls.,
- Field office work at the desk. Use of computer and phone and personal interaction in a busy, noisy environment.
- The position workweek is planned as 6 days per week, with occasional Sunday work as required to achieve objectives.
- Walk Jobsite utilizing required PPE.
- Exposure to noise, moving equipment, and uneven surfaces.
- Facilitate weekly progress meetings with the contractor rep. and Construction Manager or Chief Inspector.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- University degree or related construction or operational training and/or experience.
- Proficient in the use of the PCMS system and MS office suite, to include proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret work schedules.
- Demonstrated professional engagement at a high level with workgroups, stakeholders, and contractors in a team setting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and understands the importance of data reconciliation.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload, bring issues forward, and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.