We are looking for Utility Manager for multinational electricity and gas utility company in Syracuse, NY for a 12-month project.
Our Client is world’s largest investor-owned energy companies, committed to delivering electricity and gas safely, reliably, and efficiently to the customers.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On day to day basis:
• This position Electric Systems Engineering is under the general direction of the Manager, Outdoor Lighting and Telecommunications Attachments and is responsible for supporting the licensing process, including applications, monitoring of design and construction, and billing is required to allow access to 3rd party customers who make attachments to our solely and jointly owned Distribution Poles. This role will focus on supporting all day to day requests and project work in York and will work closely with the England Third Party attachment group.
• The responsibilities of this position include but is not to: tracking license applications received; understanding regulatory and assuring compliance: billing and tracking customer payments for annual rental costs and initial attachment costs; developing and creating status reports to monitor projects through Engineering Design and Construction; relationship management with internal stakeholders and external customers for scheduling and coordination; calculation of license rates and construction rates..
Position Responsibilities (including but not to):
· Responsible for the thorough understanding and consistent, non-discriminatory application and monitoring of 3rd Party.
· Attachment policies and procedures, and systems’ upstate York (NMPC) jurisdiction including but not to:
· Regulatory Reporting on 3rd Party Attachments.
· Coordination with Design Engineering.
· Billing accuracy and associated revenue reconciliations.
· Coordination with Customers on project status.
· Understanding of Standards. Attachment Licenses, and Legislation.
· Manage Joint Ownership relationship with other pole owners.
· Ability to develop positive working relationships, internally and externally with a focus on the resolution of customer concerns (often relating to billing or performance) and fulfill‘s contractual obligations.
· Working knowledge of the applicable OSHA, NEC/NESC and standards.
· Project Management knowledge to work through internal and external issues associated with varied customer related project matters.
· Understanding of safe/acceptable work practices related to OH and UG distribution facilities and communications space
· Ability to understand contracts, orders, standards, engineering design drawings and technical.
· Understanding of design, process asset management, and billing systems that are associated with electric distribution infrastructure and systems.
· Competent technical communication responsibilities for the development and deployment of Policies, Process Rows, Training instructions, Presentations, regulatory Request responses, proposed contract changes (i.e., MOU‘s), etc.
· Analytical skills to aggregate from different systems, understand and coordinate, and make decisions to prioritize and track decisions
· Assist in the development and application of rates applicable to joint use and joint ownership. e.g., RPPS, attachment fees, associated rates for support services, etc.,
· Understanding of legislative and regulatory directives relating to all aspects of the associated utility infrastructure attachments.
· Provide the required support for the proper representation of position to regulatory and legislative staff in designated proceedings and associated regulatory Requests
· Associates or approved Technical Degree in the fields of Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent 1-3 years qualifying experience. A Bachelors or other advanced degree or diverse utility management experience is preferred.
· Understanding and experience with Enterprise and Customer systems, specifically STORMS, PowerPlan, SAP, Business Objects
· Strong overall PC skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite; specifically, MS Excel, Access, Visio, Power Point, and Word.
· Knowledge of budget process, financial accounting, customer relations and account management, engineering and design process, Operations, and associated procurement and regulatory processes.
· Understanding of process improvement and problem-solving techniques
· Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are utility Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.