We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Advisor
Resume Due Date: Thursday, September 17, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
- General project leadership and support accountability.
- Project management, project planning, schedule and cost analysis, monitor cost collection and reporting, cost analysis and cost management support.
- Lead teams and manage complex projects/modifications, provide consulting, project management and facilitation services through all phases of system project life cycles.
- Develop systems strategies, plans and provide consultation and support for the development of the project/modification deliverables.
- Provide consultation, planning and support services to business units and functions, in connection with assigned projects/modifications, to enable the successful implementation of projects/ modifications.
- Under the direction of the Section Manager and with the assistance from the Modification Team Leaders (MTL’s), working as a Project Manager, the Project Advisor is required to provide oversight and be accountable to the performance of the assigned portfolio which consists of various types of projects/modifications at the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station.
- Ensure all required governance, processes and procedures are followed and identify opportunities for improving the work efficiency, productivity and cost savings when implementing projects/ modifications.
- Working with MTL’s, leads the project/ modification teams and manages the safety, resources, risks, scope, cost and schedule of the assigned portfolio.
- Providing oversight on the development of modification plans, contracting strategy, materials strategy and execution plans etc. to ensure the assigned projects and modifications are implemented in a timely manner event free within the assigned budget.
- With support from the MTL’s, resolve any project/ modification related issues, develop recovery plans and track to completion.
- Review all invoices and track the payment milestones per purchase. Contract orders and provide recommendations on payment.
- Provide regular forecasts (cost and schedule) and management updates on projects/ modification status and risks.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Project Engineering/ Management and working as a Project Lead/ Advisor/ Project Manager or equivalent position.
- Undergraduate Degree in Engineering required.
- P.Eng and/or PMP certification considered an asset.
- Previous OPG Nuclear experience considered an asset.