· 12-month contract, with possibility of becoming permanent
· Syracuse, NY (relocators welcome)
· Some experience with GIS required
Who are you?
You’re a meticulous analyst with experience in GIS. You’re looking for a role that will grow your experience, while opening up further career opportunities in this or other areas, like leadership or development.
Who is the employer?
Our client is one of the largest energy companies in the US, serving over 20 million customers in New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. They’re working on one of the greatest challenges facing our society – developing and implementing sustainable, affordable energy solutions.
They value every voice and encourage sharing all perspectives because they believe that makes the business stronger. This work takes exceptional thinkers and doers working together to ensure a bright future for all.
What you’ll be doing
The primary goal of your job will be to make the Primary Index Map accurate. This map is used to monitor feeder lines, and utility equipment on poles.
Specifically, you will:
- Identify utility equipment on poles from field photos
- Identify discrepancies between field photos, Smallworld GIS, and the Primary Index Map
- Update Smallworld GIS, and recommend changes to the Primary Index Map
- Perform QAQC on each feeder to ensure that changes made to Smallworld GIS are accurate
- Identify feeders to QAQC team for further corrections and missing information
- Prepare final markup on Primary Index Map based on corrections made in Smallworld GIS
- Maintain communication with QAQC team
This is a 12-month contract working Monday to Friday. You will need to be in Syracuse to do this role, and this company has hired and relocated candidates in the past. Training will be provided on site with all safety and health precautions in place. This is the perfect first role in this organization and can often lead to more senior roles in time.
· Experience with Smallworld GIS
· Basic knowledge of electric distribution
· Experience with utility objects, equipment on utility poles
· Experience working in IMAP environment, or a similar ArcGIS product environment
· Experience with Google Maps or Bing Maps
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!