We are looking for an experienced Engineering Project Manager on behalf of our client. The Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, delivery, management and process governance of Capital Projects. They will also ensure the optimization of design and development, considering the alignment of resources with clear cost and time ranges.
- Ensure projects adhere to the Capital Delivery process for the timely creation and approval of the Project Execution Plan which includes preliminary engineering, baseline schedule, detailed cost estimate, risk profile and resource strategy.
- Manage projects to ensure that they continue to be appropriately assessed, developed, planned, resourced and scheduled in a timely and cost effective manner in order to ensure best value.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Project Development team Leads and key stakeholders Inspire and deliver new ways of working collaboratively within the business; driving efficiency and performance excellence.
- Review project reports and performance metrics in order to monitor progress according to plan, guide the resolution of any major issues and provide timely updates to senior management.
- Manage and support implementation of the frameworks, policies, procedures, controls and reporting necessary to drive an efficient and effective approach to project development that optimizes the success of project delivery.
- Monitor and manage the progress of approved development and design requirements to establish milestones and affordability ceilings.
- Prioritize and allocate work to internal and external project design teams and contractors, continuing to work closely to ensure that transitioned developing projects maintain their original objectives, allocated resourcing and cost objectives.
- Facilitate and encourage the introduction of new technologies and innovative solutions to improve the delivery of projects safely, on time, and in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Initiate, develop and manage framework contracts for external development and design resource in order to ensure high levels of efficiency, service and quality and to build innovation and best practice.
- Identify and build future design capability and resources to support the capital delivery plan, ensuring a fit for purpose approach, succession planning and training.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and respond appropriately to any potential hazards, incidents or circumstances that impact the safety, wellbeing and working environment of any complex construction projects within own jurisdiction.
- 5+ years experience in natural gas operations engineering, project management, utility construction or equivalent relevant experience.
- A Bachelors degree required in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility natural gas construction operations. Masters degree in engineering discipline, MBA or relevant equivalent preferred.
- Preference given to candidates with a Professional Engineers license and/or Certified Project Management Professional.
- Considerable proven experience leading or direct project development and design including milestone management, resourcing, affordability, risk management, reporting and possess team leadership and influencing skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of leadership, influencing, change management, personal initiative, integrity and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
- Knowledge of natural gas system operations, engineering, environmental, engineering economics, and familiarity with legal, purchasing, and utility accounting regulations.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget conscious, metric/measurement driven.