We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Manager, Outage
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
Please note that rotating shift work will be required for this position, which may include evenings and weekends.
Support the Director Work Management, Director Operations & Maintenance Refurbishment , or Director Refurbishment Interface and Vacuum Building Outage (VBO) in achieving business goals and improving station performance, in the area of outage planning and execution.
- Establish outage management practices consistent with Ontario Power Generation, Nuclear standards, and business objectives. Determine scope and prioritize outage work to be performed.
- Approve resource estimates for outages.
- Approve the overall logic for safe and efficient execution of outage work. Establish appropriate schedules for outage work. Integrate project work with outage work. (Not applicable in Nuclear Refurbishment)
- Measure and report performance in scheduling and executing planned outage work.
- Identify and implement improvements to the outage scheduling process. Provide guidance to managers regarding improvements to outage execution processes.
- Review and maintain the station long-range outage plan.
- Ensure that outage plans and logics are in accordance with Power Reactor Operating Licence and Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Administering and Controlling the assigned budgets to achieve required outputs.
- Requires a knowledge of physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering principles, thermodynamics and mechanics in order to technically understand the various station systems, equipment, processes and work programs in use, and to facilitate the solution of maintenance and/or operational problems.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills to have the ability to provide instructions and advice to various personnel, and to prepare clear, concise directions on methods and procedures as well as reports.
- Completion of a 4 year University Degree in related discipline preferred.
- Practical experience in the operation of a multi-unit Candu nuclear facility is required, as associated with the Nuclear qualification program, to become familiar with the systems, equipment, and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- Requires on-the-job experience to appreciate the interrelationship between the various systems, equipment and processes, and a sound understanding of the relationship between systems, equipment and processes as they relate to public and worker safety, in order to be capable of using this experience and comprehension to facilitate the solution of problems.
- Requires experience in a supervisory capacity to effectively direct the work of the unit.
- A period of over 8 years and up to and including 10 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.