Our oil and gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Advisor, Construction and Project Management for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Provide a professional level of field operations expertise, both practical and technical, inclusive of strategic thinking related to project development, execution planning, cost estimation, construction quality, safety and environmental leadership; while leading or providing leadership support to others for Engineering Construction pipeline and station projects during Screening, Initiation, Design & Procurement, Construction, Start-up and Close-out stages of projects.
• Provide project management support for Engineering Construction projects of technical complexity from initiation through to completion. Project aspects to be considered include the design, detailed engineering, procurement, contractor selection, tendering, construction, testing and commissioning of the pipelines and/or related facilities.
• Provide comprehensive design and construction expertise as well as leadership to projects during all phases of the Project Lifecycle, in accordance with the functional department mandate and project specific objectives.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• 4+ years of relevant experience
• Proficiency in office products including word, excel, powerpoint
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Understanding of pipeline and/or gate station design, construction practices and field operations
• Knowledge and experience with procurement, pricing strategies, bid evaluation, cost and scheduling controls
• Multi-year project management experience relating to field operations, construction, pipeline/station design and planning
• Highly effective interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with diverse groups and individual personalities is required (project team, internal/external stakeholders, customers, contractors, consultants, field and management resources)
• Proven planning, organizational, problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills, conflict resolution, supplemented with a practical aptitude.
• Flexibility to perform under short time constraints to meet deadlines.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.