We are looking for an EPC Project Manager to join our client’s team in Manchester, MI. This Project Manager position will be responsible for achieving the goals of the EPM Gas Compression Project Management organization as related to Gas Compression infrastructure improvement projects.
The following key functions make up the EPM Gas Compression Project Management organization:
- Portfolio Projects
- Major Projects
- Plan and manage small-to-medium sized projects of moderate complexity, consisting of single year and multi-year projects in natural gas compressor stations.
- Prepare Project Charter documents, Project Management Plans, Scoping Documents, Risk Registers, and other standardized project management deliverables through the Project Lifecycle Processes.
- Organize, lead, and document Project team meetings to coordinate, update, and hold team members accountable for project responsibilities
- Meet agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives
- Develop project schedules with EPM Project Scheduling group in Primavera 6. The Project Manager must develop schedule concepts, constraints, items in appropriate level of detail, track schedule process, update items with project Scheduler, and communicate schedule to project team. The Project Manager is not required to work directly within Primavera 6 – that function is accomplished by the Project Scheduler (separate function).
- Provide clear and accurate communications to project stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project plans that provide timely deliverables to achieve project objectives
- Identify initial risks, issues and constraints impacting project execution
- Work collaboratively with other functional areas in the development of project tasks and deliverables ensuring the successful execution of projects
- Manage multiple projects at various stages of development concurrently
- Facilitate the flow of work during a project to ensure that it conforms to the project plan covering forecasting, scoping, planning, scheduling, execution and closeout
- Perform presentations for the leadership team
- Validate financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Provide ethical leadership within the 3rd Party Code of Conduct
- Familiarity with gas compression, gas transmission or distribution infrastructure
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Planning, organizational and leadership skills
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, presentations, meeting facilitation and negotiation
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
- Experience leading complex projects, with impacts to large energy customers, municipalities, or agencies
- Demonstrated success in identifying and managing risk
- Communicating and reporting project status to senior leadership
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Good communication skills including conflict resolution skills.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering/Business/Construction Management or a related field from an accredited college or university
- 4+ years of applied Project Management, Construction Management, engineering, or equivalent working experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred but not required