Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Pipeline Integrity Engineer for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Create, manage, and maintain integrity assessment programs and plans to ensure Client’s Gas pipelines remain safe, environmentally responsible, reliable, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable standards and regulations.
• Assessment of threats to pipelines and components and associated probability-of- failure (POF) values, estimating pipeline risk based on POF, assessment of risk associated with High Consequence Areas (HCA), identifying risk mitigation opportunities for HCAs.
• Assessment of pipeline retrofitting for in-line inspection, selection of inspection technologies and techniques, investigation, analysis, and prescribed remediation of anomalies identified by inspection, modeling growth of indications and issuing digs for remediation, recommending re-inspection frequency of pipelines.
• Provides technical support on integrity matters, including consultation on designs and procedures.
• Investigate and recommend new inspection techniques and technologies.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• University Degree in Engineering.
• Minimum of 4 years engineering experience.
• Valid class G drivers’ license
• Strong Computer skills and ability to work within various MS Office applications including Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to think analytically and perform detailed analysis.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time and meet defined timelines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Organized and strategic thinker.
• Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation in Canadian jurisdiction
• Experience working in the pipeline or utility industry
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.