We are looking for a Fixed Asset Accounting Advisor who will provide asset accounting and valuation support; on behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors,
- Coordinate new lease requests, ensuring all the lease attributes are identified and vetted to ensure proper classification
- Coordinate the monthly transactional accounting relating to lease accounting and provide supporting schedules to the Reporting group as required for the quarterly lease disclosures.
- Review lease accounting account reconciliations as required.
- Mentor the US Fixed Asset Accountant in the areas of depreciation, retirements, transfer
- Produce a monthly Fixed Asset register in Oracle that is reconciled to the G/L and the FA Asset Cost and Reserve sub-ledgers.
- Provide NBV calculation and support as requested on specific assets of entities.
- Provide fixed asset data to the accounting research and valuation group for special projects/audits as required.
- Coordinate and record Impairments and Assets Held for Sale with accounting research and others, as required.
- Provide support on asset acquisitions and divestitures as required.
- Assist in initial assessments of whether an ARO should be recorded and create a depreciation and accretion schedule for the ARO.
- Ensure the US Fixed asset accountant is recording the monthly depreciation and accretion entries properly.
- Conduct a quarterly confirmation of the Asset Retirement Cost (ARC) by project/asset, to ensure there are no material adjustments to be made. If there is a material adjustment, calculate the true-up of the ARO as needed.
- Assist the reporting group in reviewing the quarterly FERC reports, and quarterly cash flow reporting.
- Assist reporting group in the preparation and review of reports for the regulatory or governmental agencies; as required.
- Serve as an advisor on technical and historical Oracle capital assets issues; as required
- Provide support for special audits as required
- 8-12 years’ of relevant fixed asset accounting experience
- Demonstrated experience with Lease accounting
- Experience with Oracle