We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Advisor, Non Licensed Operator
Resume Due Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Estimate Hours Per Week: 40
Duration: 12 months
Provide advice and assistance to the Operations Training Manager and Operations Training Managers regarding activities related to the Nuclear Operator Training Program at OPG. Assist in carrying out accountabilities for field operations training personnel, program and schedule and complete reports on each unit’s operator training field activities, according to the organization policies and methods, and in accordance with the plans covering training, so as to maximize production and minimize outage time without compromising worker safety, public safety or environmental protection.
- Create Operator Training documents, Qualification Guides and Training plans for Fuel Handling, Generating Unit P14 and P58, Wet Fuel and Common Services revising documents as required.
- Interface with Integrated Planning groups on the progress of planned work and initiate corrective actions to keep work on schedule.
- Advise in the solution of work problems, and coordinate work with other groups.
- Maintain checks on work performance and adherence to all relevant regulations and policies.
- Prepare long-term objectives and programs for Training personnel to maintain or improve the level of performance in key areas such as human errors, personnel safety, radiation exposure, conventional safety, as well as, productivity, and development.
- Maintain adequate records, and ensure that information is accurately and effectively carried over from one shift to the next.
- Communicate lessons learned from operating experience and integrate into normal practices.
- Ensure that safety regulations, housekeeping standards, etc., are strictly observed.
- Ensure staff is kept up-to-date with respect to required administrative and operating procedures, instructions and standards according to facility policy. Prepare and advise on performance development plans for assigned field Training staff.
- Prepare and/or review procedures and methods for the operational control of specific training processes, systems and equipment within the department, such as comprehensive training materials and procedures, as directed by Manager.
- The ideal candidate will have been employed previously at an OPG nuclear facility in order to understand the complexities of nuclear power plant operation.
- Prior experience with the Pickering Generating Units 14 or 5 to 8 FSOS or FSOS Step-up qualification would be an asset.
- The candidate will have knowledge of the design, development and conduct of training programs and examinations for non licensed operating staff to ensure industry expectations and regulatory commitments are met.
- Experience interfacing with OPG line management and industry peers with respect to the nuclear operator training programmes is required.
- Must have prior experience managing projects and meeting milestone commitments.