We are looking for a DevOps Engineer/Big Data Engineer for our multinational financial services company in New York, NY.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
What will you do?
• Take ownership of component(s) of the workflows supported within our data ecosystem
• Interact with CM development teams across RBC and understand their application requirements, data access patterns, and assist them with expediting onboarding to various platforms from an engineering and development aspect.
• Design and develop systems that meet our latency, volume, storage, and scale expectations to enhance KPI metrics, and monitoring capabilities for use across multiple teams
• Participate in meetings to help influence architectural, engineering, and development decisions
• Follow our Agile software development process with daily scrums and monthly Sprints
• Ability to work collaboratively on a cross-functional team with a wide range of experience levels
• Define best practices for spark usage; work with teams to influence their architecture
• Provide expertise in Spark Performance tuning
• Perform knowledge sharing, conduction education workshops, and train other employees is expected
• Keep pace with emerging technology by researching and evaluating products
• 5+ years of experience in Spark/Hadoop
• 5+ years of experience programming in Java/Scala
• 5+ years of experience in Docker (Swarm/Kuberenetes)
• 5+ years of experience with Python/Shell Scripting
• Experience with NoSQL/Graph databases, such as MongoDB, Ignite, and Druid
• Experience with Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes, and ELK Stack a plus
• Experience with Hive
• Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
• Proficient understanding of networking principles
• Proficient understanding of performance computing principles
Nice-to-have Skills/Experience and/or Education, certifications, qualifications, designations:
· Understanding of underlying hardware and operating systems.
· Working from home (as of right now)
· Will require a laptop
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a DevOps Engineer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.