Construction Manager – Nuclear
Your expertise in nuclear construction management is in high demand.
You’ve done the fly-in, fly-out projects, and chased the biggest wage you can get. Now, with the world rapidly changing, you’re looking for something different.
You’d love to put down roots in a small community, live close to the water, and feel like you’re a part of something meaningful for the long-term.
You will find exactly that, and more, working with our client
What We Do
Our client provides nuclear power to one in three homes, hospitals, schools and businesses in Ontario, and medical isotopes across the globe to fight disease. Ontario is counting on our client to continue their work through 2064. Their planned construction efforts will secure that future by extending the life of their facilities, and providing tens of thousands of jobs every year.
The purpose of this role is to manage the execution of an existing construction project plan.
At a high level, you’ll ensure:
· Engineering requirements are met
· Scope is controlled
· Risk and opportunities are defined, controlled and mitigated
This role will require staying close to the execution of the project. You’ll spend more time on the floor with the people who are doing the work, than you will in an office. You’ll drive the success of the project by:
· Managing the construction tasks, deliverables, and field execution
· Monitoring, controlling and integrating of construction services, in accordance with the engineering design
· Assigning tasks and deliverables to qualified organizations, contractors, or in-house resources
· Coaching, developing, and managing the performance of construction staff
· Establishing effective internal/external relationships with contractors, craft labour union representatives, suppliers, and the building trade council representatives
What’s In It For You?
This is a permanent, full-time role working on site in Tiverton, Ontario. Salary will be a combination of base and bonus, with on-target first year earnings of $200,000. Our benefits are very generous, and our pension plan is top notch.
If you’re relocating to Tiverton from a distance, we’ll give you logistical and financial support to make the transition smooth. Once you’re here, you’ll love the community spirit, the access to nature, and the manageable proximity to Toronto.
We also invest a great deal in our people, and take pride in fostering their development to reach their full potential. If you’ve read this far, you’ll love it here.
· A 4-year university degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or equivalent experience).
· 6+ years of construction experience, with 3+ years of that experience in nuclear power, with responsibility for construction of complex safety systems.
· Experience delivering Construction Management services for major capital construction program/projects within the expected scope, quality, schedule, and budget. Experience must span the entire program or project lifecycle.
· Knowledge of Canadian Standard Association’s “Management Systems Requirements for Nuclear Power Plants” (N286-05) and all relevant Environmental and Health and Safety legislation
· Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMP, PgMP) and/or demonstrated familiarity with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (both considered assets)
Who Are We?
At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect highly skilled professionals like you with meaningful work. As a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.