We are looking for a Fund Operation Specialist for our multinational financial services company in Manhattan, NY
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
• Primary focus is on execution within defined parameters, with some expansion based on developing capabilities and/or experiences, in partnership with more experienced staff.
• The analyst will play a key role in i) obtaining independent valuations and returns associated with hedge fund positions in the trading portfolio; ii) perform all aspects of alternative asset operations including subscriptions, redemptions and fee calculations related to hedge fund transactions; iii) perform daily reconciliation of the bank’s cash accounts; iv) support security settlement for AAG and Muni GIC desks. All responsibilities carried out in accordance with Code of Conduct, RBC Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles.
• Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. Individuals at this level are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. Individuals would be expected to contribute to workflow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific function. May also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as “owner”.
• Communicating with hedge fund managers and administrators to independently value hedge fund returns and valuations.
• Verify and obtain sign-off on product related transactions.
• Prepare and confirm fee calculations due to hedge funds and counterparties.
• Maintain statements received from hedge funds.
• Support various front office teams with respect to hedge fund prices and valuations.
• Maintain information related to hedge funds and ensure that the proper parties receive the relevant information.
• Review and prepare daily reconciliation across multiple accounts and follow through on breaks to resolve
• Coordinate and process transactions across multiple systems.
• Typically includes Rotational Analysts, Recent college graduates, and lateral employees with little or no relevant Operations experience.
• A bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics.
• 1-3 years of work experience preferable
• Reasonable understanding of financial markets and products.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Access.
• Excel/VBA Programming preferable
• Keen attention to detail
• The candidate would be located on a trading floor
• The trading environment is a demanding, time-sensitive environment that requires quick turnaround and decision making
• Additional long hours are often required
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are Fund Operation Specialist, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.