We are seeking a Mobile Software Engineer – Android who will be responsible for developing android mobile application for state and local agencies for a 3+ months contract assignment with extension beyond in Austin, TX
Our client is an international digital security company providing software applications and security to personal devices.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Design, develop and maintain native mobile applications for Android Participate in the architecture and design of complete mobile solutions.
· Implement complex and responsive UIs that utilize the native frameworks, including animations. Deliver high quality code within specified deadlines.
· Work independently and with a team of Software Engineers and Architects located in the USA and in Europe Participate in all the phases of the development cycle (analyze, specifications, development, unit testing)
· Work closely with the business analysts and the technical leaders to design and implement, and with the Quality Assurance (QA) team to provide support during QA phases and fix bugs Interact with our customers during project implementation when needed Participate in Level 3 support for our deployed solutions Help maintain high quality code and optimize test automation
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· 3+ years of experience developing Android applications Experience with Android frameworks, offline storage, threading, and performance tuning (experience with memory tuning a plus), push notifications
· A solid understanding of security for mobile development; experience with Database, UI/UX, layout and user interface design Knowledge of best practices for design and interfaces usability Strong knowledge of best practices for mobile application architecture and development.
· Proven ability to work in either full autonomy or in a team
· Proficient in code versioning tools and continuous integration
· Strong written and verbal communicator Strong analytical mind and problem-solving skills, able and willing to learn Special Position Requirements
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.