1. Ensures that project procurement requirements are understood and that procured products and services meet lead-time, price and quality requirements.
2. Responsible for purchase order generation and execution.
3. Reviews, approves purchases up to a specified dollar amount.
4. Engages and coordinates with line managers to implement appropriate commodity/supply strategies.
5. Participates as key member of Cross Functional Teams (CFT) in supplier relationship activities such as selection, rationalization, development, performance measurement and recognition.
6. Performs spend and commodity analysis; assists with development of contract negotiation strategies.
7. Gathers and reports metrics to assess effectiveness of purchasing/procurement operations.
8. Performs supplier management activities to maintain procurement schedule and facilitate supplier deliveries.
9. Displays business acumen, influencing skills and customer service with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
10. Actively engages in supplier negotiations and implementation of commodity framework agreements .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related discipline strongly preferred; comparable experience in lieu of degree may be considered. In addition, 5+ years of closely related work experience required.
- Must possess skills in SAP, Microsoft Office or related products, including Spreadsheet and Project applications.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
1.) Extensive knowledge of the supply chain management field, practices and methods.
2.) Preferred 5-8 yrs experience with material & service providers or other supplier related interfaces.
3.) 3-5 years of commodity management experience.
3.) Experience dealing with international contract management and negotiations.
4.) Preferred 1-3 years experience with SAP MM
5.) 1-3 years experience with procurement plan development
6.) Developed leadership qualities.