Job Tasks and Responsibilities
• Provides input to tender documents as they relate to Safety
• Prepares Safety plan for project as required
• Prepares Inspection for work performed by NB Power personnel
• Reviews and accepts Inspection submitted by external contractors and coordinates input from others as appropriate
• Reviews contractor Safety manuals
• Performs field surveillance to monitor Safety of ongoing construction and commissioning activities
• Performs Field Inspection walkdowns with contract supervisors, construction and Management personnel
• Reports non-conformances and assists with development and implementation of dispositions
• Assists contractors with clarifications on Safety-related matters
• Conduct safety audits
• Audit contractor tailboards
• Audit contractor employees qualifications and training
• Attend Weekly Site Coordination Meetings with the contractor
• Review Contractor’s weekly site report and health and safety statistics
• Participate in incident / accident investigations to support the determination of cause and to identify possible improvements in work methods. Communicate results if investigation to prevent recurrence. Monitor and follow up as required
• Promote open discussion on safety concerns / issues, and best practices
• Provide weekly safety report
• Post-Secondary education in a certified Occupational Health & Safety program, in related discipline.
• Minimum of four (4) years’ work experience related to Safety program implementation in an industrial or construction environment.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license is mandatory.
• Experience in excess of four (4) years’ work experience related to Safety program implementation in an industrial or construction environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Safety procedures, standards, i.e. NB Occupational Act & Regulations
• Work experience and/or accreditation in the areas of Safety inspection
• NB Power experience in safety field will be considered an asset