We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Advisor Commercial Contracts
Resume Due Date: Friday, October 23, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
- Establish and lead initiatives, of cross-functional teams comprised of senior management from both internal and external stakeholders to develop commercial agreements that include those with fuel suppliers, transportation suppliers, power pools, government agencies, public utilities, other entities involved in generation, transmission or the provision of services to the energy industry.
- Develop, negotiate, write, and implement agreements, or amendments to these agreements, that are technically, commercially and legally complex.
- Monitor agreement compliance and obligations, and develop and report on performance criteria & measures.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives, including amendments to existing agreements where they would be in the mutual interest to the parties of the agreements.
- Manage projects and transactions from start to completion with limited advice from the Manager.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop, improve, modify, write, implement and monitor processes to meet the obligations of the parties as set out in commercial service agreements.
- Participate in creating or revising business processes where applicable. The processes and or agreements may in some instances be complex.
- Act as an expert resource to internal stakeholders on the corporation’s obligations in respect of the commercial agreements.
- Provide functional advice and guidance to internal stakeholders / end users on agreement specifics and ensure it is followed through in order to minimize corporate risks.
- Respond to inquiries regarding agreement specifics including but not limited to commercial terms, performance expectations, property assignments, easements, intellectual property rights, operations etc.
- Provide assistance to OPG line functions regarding the obligations of OPG as set out in the commercial service agreements.
- Completion of a 4 year University Degree in Engineering, Management Science or Business Administration or equivalent level of education.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience within operations and corporate functions, engineering services, and technical support in order to understand stakeholder requirement and be familiar with the overall design, operations and maintenance of generating facilities, operating policies and processes in order to understand technical issues.
- Prior experience identifying problems encountered in the analysis of long term agreements and in development and creation of major contracts.