We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Senior Technical Engineer
Resume Due Date: Monday, October 26, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
- The Senior Technical Engineer will provide installation support including the review of all field issues and dispositions for resolution.
- Responsible for interfacing between Projects and the Contractor to define field support needs, allocate resources, track completion and report on performance.
- Develop performance metrics and establish collaborative work protocol with parallel groups in engineering, field staff and vendors.
- Provide support and oversight to address Design Modification related issues: through proactive engagement and working with the contractor and the design service provider, evaluate, assess, categorize and disposition preliminary and detailed design engineering packages and all associated deliverables.
- Review design package for long lead materials and ensure materials are ordered.
- Prepare/review/provide oversight support for field initiated changes when required.
- Participate in, coordinate, organize as required, constructability reviews, pre-job briefs and work planning.
- Provide support and oversight during installation and commissioning: support in the planning activities for procurement, installation, commissioning and closeout phases of the project.
- Prepare a project installation and commissioning overview that could be discussed with operations/maintenance accessing.
- Capture/record lessons learned related to field initiated changes throughout the life of the project for better planning of the replication program.
- Obtain review and signature from stakeholders and authorized person for field execution. Organize readiness challenge meeting with stakeholder based on work plan.
- Coordinate with assessor, work week leader and other stakeholder for any emergent issues to get the work ready for field execution. Ensure all actions are accurately logged and assigned
- Verify that materials are procured and ready for installation. Track engineering actions, associated with the material supply.
- Identify procurement, installation and commissioning risks and work with stakeholders to develop the risk mitigating plan.
- Support Commissioning activities in the field and at vendor sites.
- Support for walk downs, issue identification and coordinate with construction contractor, OPG maintenance and operation staff to execute the field work.
- Communicate field execution status to all stakeholders and arrange to complete design engineering change close out action as applicable.
- Ensure vendors (Design, Supply & installation) actions are completed.
- OPG MTL Qualified (or in progress).
- Darlington Fuel Handling technical experience an asset.
- Project engineering experience required.
- BSc Engineering Degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role required.