On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Document Control Specialist – Duluth, MN
Location: Document Control Specialist – Duluth, MN
60 hours per week, Per Diem provided
Contract Duration: One Year
- This position may be assigned to one or more projects or all projects performed through a Construction Office.
- This position is responsible for reviewing and quality checking pipeline records at the project site.
- The position is a technical role in assuring PHMSA records are operationally compliant.
- The position acts as representatives of the Company and is expected to establish a professional business relationship with contractors, suppliers, vendors, other stakeholders, and Company personnel.
- The position is required to act in ethical manner and should be aware of Company policies regarding work ethics, including but not limited to gifts, entertainment, trips, etc. offered by contractors, vendors, suppliers, or other stakeholders.
The assignee to this position will assume higher level responsibilities:
- Distribute electronic copies of Daily Inspection Reports to team members needing information
- Review inspector/office report packages to identify missing reports and to assure reports are accurate & complete; resolve any missing reports and incorrect information
- Capture progress information from daily reports and prepare/distribute DCPR
- Conduct technical quality checks on Inspector/Office reports and return for correction as needed.
- Scan/name/upload reports to SharePoint
- File Hardcopy Reports
- Process contractor’s coating reports: review for completeness, trace to weld log, scan/name/upload to SharePoint
- Process Contractor’s Daily Foremen Reports
- Collect/Verify/Distribute/File OQ info
- Collect/Process Project level Records for Turnover: Materials, Weld/NDE quals, equipment calibration, welding procedures, contractor docs required by specifications, hydrotests, etc.
- Coordinate turnover of documentation at end of project
- This position requires four (4) years of clerical experience with exposure to field construction procedures, terminology, and exhibit a demonstrated knowledge of gas pipeline construction. Desired Qualifications:
- One (1) year experience inspecting pipeline or station construction
- One (1) year experience as a materials clerk or coordinator
- Fundamental Understanding of:
- CFR 49 192
- PHMSA inspection and audit process
- As-builting process
- Proficient with Microsoft SharePoint, Excel and Adobe
- Valid driver’s license
- API 1169 Certification is recommended but not required for this position.