We are currently seeking Radiation Protection Technicians for opportunities overseas, if this is your thing and you are looking for adventure, apply now!
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Execute the process to manage and control Radiation and Radioactive Contamination to ensure safe operation of the plant.
- Designate and operate temporary Radiological Controlled Areas as needed.
- Monitor the radiological activities.
- Conduct periodic surveillance tests and surveys.
- Monitor high radiation areas, locked high radiation areas, contaminated areas, and airborne areas.
- Monitor the transportation of radioactive material.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- ANSI 18.1-1971 & ANSI/ANS 3.1-1998 qualified.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be English proficient.
- Shall have a minimum of 5 years of nuclear power plant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access.
- Must be able to complete all medical requirements associated with ERO.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by Nawah procedures during peak periods.
- Must be willing and capable of using protective clothing and work in areas with elevated temperatures, high noise backgrounds, asbestos, radiation, and other industrial hazards.