We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Support Engineer
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
- Represent Refurb Engineering in the Project Control Center.
- Support the Pressure Boundary Program.
- Provide project support as a modification team lead.
- Individual is required to co-ordinate work and perform Oversight of cyclical modifications for units 3,1 & 4 under OPG QA program.
- Perform activities as outlined in the Modification Process such as but not limited to: Detailed Design, Installation & Commissioning Planning, Installation, Commissioning, Available for Service, and Close-Out phases.
- Organization of team meetings, reporting of project issues, risks and project performance metrics (e.g. cost and schedule).
- Ensuring work is planned and complies to OPG licensing and governance.
- Perform Issue tracking, and task assignments.
- Ideal candidates will have worked in a Nuclear Engineering environment;
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations;
- Have experience and/or willingness to interface with vendors;
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self- motivation are assets;
- Proven track record on delivering results;
- Strong in understanding, executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach;
- Knowledge of OPG’s ECC Process (Engineering Change Control) is an asset.