We are seeking a System Validation Engineer who will be responsible to ensure testing is executed and functioning as required throughout the testing process for a 06-month contract assignment in Santa Clara, CA.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Working with partner teams to define, enable, and execute system stress experiments that align with product and platform timelines.
· These experiments typically involve controlling frequency, voltage, and temperature while running test benchmarks to artificial age and characterize parts.
· You will be expected to drive innovation through development of new software solutions to reduce costs, expand capabilities, and improve quality of our testing.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· Software Development in one or more high-level (Python, C#, Java) and one or more low-level language (x86_64 Assembly, C, C++) programming language.
· Experience with modern version control systems (Git, SVN) and issue tracking (GitHubGitLab Issues, JIRA).
· Experience working cross-platform across Windows, Linux, and MacOS operating systems.
· Understanding of System Level Debug stemming from thorough understanding of platform hardware, firmware, and software.
· Familiarity with DevOps tools to support Continuous Integrations, Deployment Automation, Containerization, and Orchestration of SW.
· Understanding of a structured query language (MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
· Experience reviewing and understanding design schematics and board files.
· Strong fundamental understanding of Computer Architecture and modern CPU components.
· Experience running and analyzing results from commercial benchmarks.
· Experience in electrical validation and signal measurement using Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, and similar hardware.
Applicants with an Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or related field will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.