On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Commissioning Coordinator
Our client is looking for someone who has experience in commissioning and start-up of pipeline and facilities projects. As the Commissioning Coordinator, you will be focused on planning, coordination of field commissioning activities, managing budgets and deficiencies and collaborate with internal and external partners.
Location: Houston, Texas
What You Will Do:
- Coordinate field commissioning activities for small, to large projects through the management of either 3rd Party Specialized Contractors or internal Technicians.
- Develop comprehensive commissioning and start-up execution plans (resource requirements, cost estimates, schedules, etc.) required to effectively and efficiently commission Liquid Pipelines and Gas Transmission projects.
- Assure commissioning activities are executed in accordance with established processes and procedures, while ensuring that project scope, schedule, cost and quality expectations are effectively managed.
Who You Are:
- Electrical or Instrumentation Trade Certificate.
- Minimum of 4 years progressive experience in commissioning within the industrial sector.
- Proven ability to independently lead and coordinate work with diverse groups to solve problems.
- Positive relationship building skills and the ability to successfully interact with peers, internal partners and equipment vendors.
- Office based role with frequent scheduled travel to construction sites across the pipeline system in Canada and US. Approximately 20-30 days per quarter.
- Project-generated disruptions to off-the-job personal activities. This includes extended working hours and handling after-hours calls requesting direction and assistance on weekends or during evening hours. (Approximately 5 to 10 occurrences quarterly).