On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Data Engineer in Houston, TX
As a Data Engineer, you’ll help ingest, transform, and store clean and enriched data ready for business intelligence consumption.
Location: Houston, TX
Contract Duration: Until Nov 2021
- You’ll have experience in a Data Engineer role (5+ years), with a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field
- You build and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- You identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, data quality checks, minimize Cloud cost, etc.
- You build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, DataBricks, No-SQL
- You build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics.
- You document and communicate standard methods and tools used.
- You work with other data engineers, data ingestion specialists, and experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical.
You’re experienced using the following software/tools:
- Big data tools: Hadoop, HDI, & Spark
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including COSMOS
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: DataBricks (Spark), ADF, Dataflow
- Microsoft Azure
- Stream-processing systems: Storm, Streaming-Analytics, IoT Hub, Event Hub
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Scala, SQL
What you’ll do:
- You’ll work independently on complex data engineering problems to support the data science strategy of products
- You’ll use broad and deep technical knowledge in the data engineering space to tackle complex data problems for product teams, with a core focus on using technical expertise
- You’ll improve the data availability by acting as a liaison between Lab teams and source systems
- You’ll collect, blend, and transform data using ETL tools, database management system tools, and code development
- You’ll implement data models and structures data in ready-for business consumption formats
- You’ll aggregate data across various warehousing models (e.g. OLAP cubes, star schemas, etc.) for BI purposes
- You’ll collaborate with business teams and understand how data needs to be structured for consumption