We are seeking a Validation Engineer who will be responsible to validate software drivers on Windows and Linux OS for a 7-month contract assignment in Hillsboro, OR.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Function as part of a team to validate software drivers on Windows and Linux OS.
· Execute manual and automated test cases using validation tools and automated environment daily.
· Create automated scripts to validate functionality of device driver.
· Perform basic debug of the systems to assist in the problem identification and resolution.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· Hands-on experience with Windows Server 2016 and newer (with Hyper-V).
· Hands-on experience with Linux (Debian or Fedora).
· Strong coding skills: Powershell, C/C++, Python.
· Strong Skill on QA automaton proficiency using unit testing with Pester, Gtest, and Pytest.
· Experience in writing documentation, creating bug reports and working with bug tracking systems.
· Knowledge in working with BIOS on different server hardware (i.e. Intel, Dell, Supermicro, etc.).
· Networking skills applied to virtualized environment, e.g. virtual switches, VLAN, subnets.
Applicants with any education background will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.