We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Engineer
Resume Due Date: Friday April 19th 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 2 years
Location: 230 Westney Road, Ajax **the base location will be transitioning to Darlington within the next 18 months**
- Support the development and implementation of the management system for the SMR facility in support in support of the construction and operating license and through implementation of procurement, design, construction, commissioning and Operations.
- The role will support planning and document transition of the management system as it progresses through the construction license and operating license phases;
- This includes working with stakeholders to develop streamline a management system that implements programs that best support the procurement, design , construction, commissioning and operations of the small modular reactor.
- Activities would also include developing principles, process and/or guidance for the oversight of engineering activities in support contractors performing work activities for OPG in executing the procurement, design, construction and commissioning activities involved in licensing and build of the facility.
- Oversight would include monitoring contractor surveillance, performance and feedback. Any additional duties to support the execution of the new nuclear project.
- Support development and implementation engineering programs in support of the construction and operating license and through implementation of procurement, design, construction, commissioning and Operations.
- The role would be to work with stakeholders to develop streamline engineering programs that best support the procurement, design, construction, commissioning and operations of the small modular reactor.
- These programs would need to be developed within compliance as applicable.
- Any additional duties to support the execution of the new nuclear project.
- Must have a P. Eng. or be eligible for P. Eng (registered EIT).
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be competent in the use of Microsoft platform (excel, Word, Power Point, power apps, power BI etc)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience required in a similar position.
- Looking for person with a strong Design experience background, and knowledge of governance structures and methodologies.
- The candidate should have a strong knowledge of governance structures, methodologies, Design controls, management system basis across a broad business functional areas.
- Strong knowledge of quality process and codes.
- Must be agile, creative and willing to work alongside vendors and Developers working in a dynamic, changing and ambiguous work environment.
- Looking for a variety of Design experience.
- Looking for a mixture of Engineering disciplines (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical I&C etc.)
- Good understanding of quality standard and Canadian regulations is a strong asset.