Our mining client is looking for a Safety Specialist for a 9 month contract (with the possibility of extension) located in Port Hope Ontario.
What you will be doing…
- Ensures construction activities comply with site and safety health environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements and monitors daily activities to identify hazardous conditions and implementation of safe work procedures to ensure safety and environmental requirements are met.
- Responsible for ensuring all SHEQ procedures and work instructions are followed including radiation protection.
- Conducts and monitors SHEQ related training for construction management team (CMT) personnel and contractors.
- Reviews field level risk assessments and safety cards for quality adherence.
- Monitors compliance to Safety Absolutes.
- Assess qualifications of construction contractor personnel.
- Participates in constructability reviews upon request.
- Ensures timely notification occurs of significant events.
- Conducts daily and weekly job site inspections.
- Identifies and reviews various health and safety concerns specific to the work site.
- Investigates injuries, accidents and near misses as per site corrective action processes.
- Assist in Job Hazard Analyses and monitor their quality and implementation.
- Conduct SHEQ orientation for CMT staff and construction contractor personnel.
- Monitors quality of construction contractor incident investigations and ensures effective and appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Attends key meetings concerning SHEQ areas of responsibilities including contractor kick-off meetings
What you will need to succeed…
- CSO designation or equivalent.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.