- Markham, ON
- $20 per hour
- Days, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- 12-month Contract
- Starting ASAP
Ian Martin Workforce has partnered with an industrial equipment and solutions provider that offers works with their clients to solve their power systems challenges.
As their new Forklift Operator, you will be working a full-time, contract position. You enjoy working in fast-paced, active environment that requires a keen attention to detail. You’re skilled with a counterbalance forklift and familiar with material handling technology.
You will be…
- Responsible for ensuring all health and safety requirements are met at all times for the warehouse.
- Perform all functions within the shipping department including but not limited to printing all paperwork, dispatching / billing orders, writing inventory adjustments, pulling orders, loading and unloading trucks, and driving the fork-lift.
- Maintain appropriate receiving, inventory, picking, loading, and delivery methods for the plant.
- Manage all operations pertaining to the warehouse, and shipping and receiving operations.
- Continually evaluate most cost-effective options for maintaining packaging supplies.
- Communicate effectively with customer service personnel to meet 100% on time customer delivery expectations.
- Develop and accomplish on time shipment goals
- Communicate with management, co-workers, subordinates, and other business contacts in a timely and courteous professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of classified information.
Why this is the right job for you…
- Available immediately and comfortable working a contract position
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid Counterbalance Forklift license with min 2 years of experience
- Thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand for an extended period and lift up to 50 lbs
- Previous Warehouse and/or Shipping and Receiving experience
- Demonstrated inventory management skills
- Willingness to ask questions and give assistance as needed
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.