A Case Manager provides public health support in the fight against COVID-19, working remotely for the Province of Ontario. They will play an integral role in facilitating the identification and management of COVID-19 cases, by conducting interviews of patients with confirmed or probable COVID-19. This position will require a focus on empathy and cultural competency.
Case Manager Essential Functions:
- Provide disease-specific information
- Assess signs and symptoms, and underlying health conditions
- Discuss symptom onset to determine the window period for contact elicitation and exposure risk for contacts
- Discuss activities to identify who may have been exposed
- Elicit information on close contacts, and assess support needs to maintain health and compliance during self-isolation
- Facilitate testing and referral to healthcare services and resource care coordination
- Provide recommendations for self-isolation and review of daily monitoring procedures
- Record data in provincial case and contact management IT system
- Elevate complex situations to supervisor for further guidance
- Knowledge and experience in communicable diseases of public health interest, and in infection prevention and control practices in community settings
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, facilitation, problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Strong emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Experience completing comprehensive health assessments.
- Demonstrated individual, group, community, and population assessment skills
- Some knowledge of HIPPA regulations and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to read and write in English
- Proficiency with use of computers (desktop, laptop, tablet)
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 (i.e., Outlook, Word)
- Proficiency with use of mobile devices (smartphones, mobile apps)
- Experience in a health care setting, preferably experience in interviewing/counseling patients would be preferred.
- Additional language skills
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree
This is a full-time or part-time, temporary position (6-month contract) for Ontario Ministry of Health. You’ll be set up to work remotely. Wage will be between competitive, and commensurate with experience. This position will require availability on weekends and holidays.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications for this opportunity, only candidates that match the qualifications—based on experience, test scores and availability to work currently needed shift openings—will be contacted to move forward with an interview.