Job location can be anywhere in Alberta as it is Remote Work.
In this administrative support position, you will be responsible for following up on lab confirmed, probable, and suspect cases of COVID-19. Using experience in telephone-based and/or in-person interviews, you will provide empathetic and effective communication while keeping precise records. Accurate data is a critical tool in managing the public health outcomes of COVID-19, and your work will contribute directly to the success of public health management.
Dialogue with contacts will be guided by standard protocols. Non-clinical contract tracers are required to follow all designated scripts and comply with policies and procedures regarding confidentiality and data security for the handling of sensitive client information and health information.
There are multiple positions and shifts available.
- Initiate prompt communication by phone with people exposed to a COVID-19 positive person (contacts).
- Employ dynamic communication and interpersonal skills, cultural competency/sensitivity, tactful language, and empathetic interviewing skills to build rapport with contacts of varied backgrounds.
- Verify the contact’s identity during initial communications and prior to disclosing confidential information. Assure confidentiality and carry out efforts to locate and communicate with clients in a manner that preserves the confidentiality and privacy of all involved.
- Notify the contact of their exposure to COVID-19, following a script or guidance to provide COVID-19 health education.
- Provide approved information and guidance on self-isolation procedures and what to do if symptoms develop. Provide information for testing, healthcare, and other supportive services, as needed, per local protocols.
- Conduct daily check-ins to assess signs/symptoms via locally designated method.
- Record data in provincial case and contact management IT system.
- Inform the team and supervisor when attempts to communicate with a contact are unsuccessful.
- Elevate complex situations to supervisor for further guidance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including active listening and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to interact in a non-judgmental manner with culturally diverse populations and persons experiencing a wide range of social conditions.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use sound judgment in responding to client issues and concerns.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, establishing and maintaining collaborative professional relationships.
- Strong time management skills (organization, prioritization, multitasking).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency with use of computers (desktop, laptop, tablet).
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 (i.e., Outlook, Word).
- Proficiency with use of mobile devices (smartphones, mobile apps).
- Experience conducting telephone-based or in-person interviews, data collection, and data entry.
- Experience with health education, community outreach, linkage to care, social services, or other public health services.
· Bilingual skills—fluency in the primary language(s) of the geographic area and communities assigned to support.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma (including a certificate in office or business administration)
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Associate degree or equivalent with up to one year of applicable community experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university, with no experience.
This is a temporary position with varying shifts and hours. You will be set-up to work remotely, and wages will be between $27.55 and $33.50 per hour. We are currently hiring for three standard shifts: days, evenings, and weekends.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications for this opportunity, only candidates that match the qualifications—based on experience, test scores and availability to work currently needed shift openings—will be contacted to move forward with an interview.