Our IT client in Montreal, QC is looking to hire a Cybersecurity Consultant for a 6 month contract role with possibility of extension.
· You will be helping to analyze and diagnose complex issues or situations surrounding computer security. You will provide advice in accordance with the rules of your discipline, proposals to optimize standards and recommendations to improve security solution architectures.
· You propose appropriate implementation plans using an automated deployment approach. Your general knowledge of IT contributes to the implementation of different IT solutions that comply with security standards and targets.
· You provide advisory and support to management squads in an agile project context that touches on several security areas including cloud computing and surveillance.
What you will be doing…
· Act as a security consultant in his field of expertise with various stakeholders and bodies.
· Represent its unit with various committees and branches and/or suppliers in connection with the mandates entrusted to it.
· Conduct needs, implementation cost analyses and determine appropriate solutions/strategies.
· Target and analyze key issues and issues. Make diagnoses and make recommendations to the relevant authorities.
· Produce analysis on features or tools.
· Write guides and procedures related to the field of activity.
· Analyze problematic situations and suggest solutions in accordance with the movement’s governance and security frameworks.
· Contribute to the implementation of secure technological solutions necessary to advance projects under his responsibility and collaborate with detailed architectures in his area of expertise and plans to implement solutions that meet the organization’s evolving needs and technological targets.
· Design technological solutions taking into account the cross-cutting and specific component of each of the proposed solutions.
· Coordinate a team of professionals during projects and carry out the required docking throughout the project.
· Support the other team members (squad) in the realization on a daily basis.
· Coordinating multiple stakeholders from different areas of expertise.
· Participate in the development of business targets and their transition strategy.
· Being able to work in multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ensure a watchdog role to understand and anticipate current trends and best practices in his area of expertise.
· Ensure the quality of the deliverables of the projects under its responsibility.
What you will need to succeed…
· Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline.
· A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
· Experience on large-scale cases involving multiple stakeholders.
· Experiences to popularize the needs and requirements of solutions, processes, tools.
· Experience in Agile / Scrum mode.
· Areas of expertise sought: Cyberdefense, Infrastructure Security; Protecting Endpoints; Securing cloud computing.
· Experience in an Agile environment.
· Experience negotiating with suppliers.
· Experience in popularizing the needs and requirements of solutions, processes and tools.
· Be familiar with security concepts (security and orchestration events).
· Excellent knowledge of security-related ecosystems: (Asset Management and Discovery / SIEM / SOAR /Vulnerability Management (VM) / Risk Management (RM) /
· Data loss prevention (DLP) / Endpoint / Fraud / Internal/external threats / Attack angles, Shadow IT, IoT, etc.).
· Excellent knowledge in surveillance/detection and response (SOC).
· Knowledge of log and event consolidation solutions and related advanced research.
· Knowledge of security repositories (MITRE ATT,CK, NIST, etc.).
· Connaissance de l’outil Jira pour la gestion et le suivi des récits et du backlog.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent knowledge of security logging (SIEM)
· Excellent knowledge of automation and security orchestration (SOAR)
· Good knowledge of information asset management.
· Experience in infrastructure design or implementation.
· Experience in writing technical documentation .
· Knowledge of intermediate-level English, both oral and written.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.