Covid-19 Contact Tracer (ALBERTA only)
Are you ready to help fight the spread of Covid-19? Alberta Health Services is hiring hundreds of additional Contact Tracers to beat back the second wave.
In this phone-based, work-from-home position you will call people (contacts) who have been exposed to a COVID-19 positive person (tracing) and give them guidance and support on self-isolation and testing.
Using your experience in working with the public, you will provide empathetic communication while keeping precise records and complete confidentiality. Accurate data is a critical tool in managing the public health outcomes of COVID-19, and your work will contribute directly to the success of our management of this pandemic.
This full-time, casual role (12-month contract) for Alberta Health Services pays $27.55 per hour.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Call lists of people exposed to?a?COVID-19?positive person.
- Verify the contact’s identity prior to disclosing confidential information.
- Notify the contact of their exposure and provide COVID-19 health education.
- Employ dynamic interpersonal skills, cultural competency/sensitivity, tactful language, and empathetic interviewing to build rapport with contacts of varied backgrounds.
- Provide approved information and guidance on?self-isolation?procedures and what to do if symptoms develop.
- Provide information?for testing, healthcare, and other supportive services, as needed, per local protocols.
- Communicate in a manner that preserves the confidentiality and privacy of all involved.
- Conduct daily check-ins to assess signs/symptoms via locally designated method.
- Record data in provincial case and contact management IT system.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills, including active listening.
- Able to receive a clear criminal background check.
- Have a dedicated space with reliable internet for making confidential phone calls.
- Ability to interact in a non-judgmental manner with culturally diverse populations.
- The ability to apply sound judgment in responding to a contact’s issues and concerns.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Strong time management skills (organization, prioritization, multitasking).
- Proficiency with use of smart phone and computers with MS Office 365 (i.e., Outlook, Word).
- Experience working in a public-facing role, ideally making outbound phone calls or working at a call centre or in a sales position.
- Experience conducting telephone-based or in-person interviews, data collection,?and data entry.
- Experience with health education, community outreach, linkage to care, social services, or other public health services.
- Fluent in other languages
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Please note that due to the high volume of applications for this role, only candidates that match the qualifications will be contacted to move forward with an interview.