On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Data Analyst in Duluth MN
· Manage pipeline and facility centric engineering, construction and equipment data and metadata.
· This person will be responsible for the accuracy, verification and management of data provided to the business. i.e., testing specs, hydrotest data, drawing numbers, photos, model numbers, check sheets, release of data, and associated metadata.
· Provides critical support and knowledge by accurately analyzing, validating, and determining the correct engineering data in order to mitigate risk associated with information management during the project lifecycle.
· It would be preferred if the person understood basic scripts.
· Programming a system will not be required.
· Attention to detail and being able to review and understand data and accuracy is of utmost importance
· Be familiar with data tools and terminology
A great candidate will demonstrate:
· Teachable and able to learn complex, critical thinking ideas in a short amount of time
· Able to quickly apply their expertise to solve problems, analyze data and work independently
· Honest and able to work remotely as will be working remotely until COVID allows a return to office
· BA/BS or 5+ years of industry/data experience.
Experience in the following areas:
· Understanding of Oil Industry terminology and process
· Ability to interpret Engineering and Asset related data
· Creation and delivery of training
· Strong Excel skills
· Ability to interpret and process information from drawings and technical specification
General Knowledge of:
· Project Execution Requirements and Deliverables
· SQL and NoSQL
· Database Design and Structure.