Regulated/Licensed Case Manager – Contact Tracer (Contract)
· 100% Remote (across Canada)
· Day and Evening Shifts Available
· Full and Part-Time Positions
· $35 per hour
Alberta Health Services (AHS) needs your help to curb the spread of COVID-19—working from your own home, anywhere in Canada, you can support the courageous efforts of frontline medical workers who are fighting to keep Canadians safe.
The current climate, skilled medical professionals are more important than ever in helping people keep themselves and each other safe. Case Managers working for AHS will be leading that effort by providing assessment and advice to people at risk of spreading the virus.
In this position, you will help identify and manage contact tracing by conducting interviews of patients with confirmed or probable exposure to COVID-19. This phone-based, work-from-home role requires experience with healthcare, social work, or counselling patients as it’s critical to be empathic and sensitive to people affected by these difficult circumstances.
We’re recruiting from a diverse range of medical and clinical specializations, including:
Regardless of your background, your core skills in communicating with patients, assessing their condition, and advising next steps will be indispensable to the efforts of public health.
Unlike many health professionals, your impact on COVID-19 will be direct: at the other end of every phone call will be a person who is better prepared to protect themselves and others. Candidates who are detail-oriented, articulate, and motivated to make a difference will excel in this role.
- Assess COVID-19 signs and symptoms, as well as underlying health conditions.
- Discuss symptom onset to determine the window period for contact exposure risk.
- Inquire about previous activities to identify who may have been exposed.
- Elicit information on close contacts, and assess support needs to maintain health and compliance during self-isolation.
- Facilitate testing and referral to healthcare services and resource care coordination.
- Provide recommendations for self-isolation and review of daily monitoring procedures.
- Educate and provide COVID-19 specific information.
- Record data in provincial case and contact management IT system.
- Professional license in a medical or paramedical field
- Must be licensed/registered in the province of Alberta
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write in English.
- Able to receive a clear criminal background check.
- Have a dedicated space with reliable internet for making confidential phone calls.
- Knowledge of communicable diseases, infection prevention and control practices.
- Proficiency with use of computers and ideally Microsoft Office 365.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence, empathy and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Some knowledge of HIPPA regulations and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Experience in healthcare or social work, preferably in interviewing/counselling patients.
- Demonstrated individual, group, community, and population assessment skills.
- Experience completing health assessments.
- Additional language skills.
This is a temporary, remote, contract position. We are currently hiring for two standard shifts: 8AM to 4:15PM and 12:45PM to 9:00PM (MST). Rate of pay will be $35 per hour, and you will require a personal laptop or desktop computer. Your computer will need to either be running Windows 10 if a PC or Catalina if a MAC. You will also need a smart phone. We will need confirmation of this prior to employment to ensure your system will work with the tools required.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. Please note that due to the high volume of applications for this role, only candidates that match the qualifications will be contacted to move forward with an interview.