On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Cost Engineer/ Project Controls Analyst in Houston, TX
· This position will be responsible for providing “Total Cost Control” guidance, governance and support functions on assigned projects for Authorization for Expenditure components (engineering, procurement, construction, project management, support groups, contingency, escalation, etc.).
· This position will report directly to Supervisor, Project Controls, Core Gas Projects.
· The primary responsibility for this position will be to support the Cost Control.
· The position may also have a supporting role in Schedule Control and other Project Controls Specialist functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management.
· Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE’s CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
· Proficient in SAP, EcoSys, Excel, PowerPoint and Word with proven technical writing abilities.
· Minimum 10 years of experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, construction components on large capital projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries.
· Experience in developing, enhancing and implementing cost and schedule standards.
· Experience in using and enhancing cost controls tools and associated systems.
· Effective analytical skills with the ability to understand detailed workflows for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction.
· The Cost Control function is responsible for cost controls, invoices, forecasting, and analyzing productivity factors and cost/schedule performance indices.
· Also responsible for generating all monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly reports with intended audiences ranging from local project team members to senior level company executives and the Board of Directors.
Duties / Technical Expertise – Cost Control
· Provide support to the Project Manager, project team and project cost controls staff on how cost should be planned, tracked, measured, forecasted and reported during project execution and/or development.
· Monthly review of cost/cash flow forecasts with the Project Manager and extended project team to generate regular reporting requirements.
· Provide timely, accurate and relevant guidance, governance and support to projects on approved cost controls standards to manage
· Maintain cost and schedule planning, tracking and reporting tools.
· Provide timely support to the Project Controls Supervisor for monthly review meetings with Senior Management.
· Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology in order to identify, analyze and report cost risks in a timely fashion.
· Manage continuous and collaborative communication with Project Managers and project cost controls teams to address project cost related needs.