We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Communications Specialist
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 3 months
Location: 700 University Ave, Toronto
* The role will be primarily remote (WFH) however the successful candidate will be required to attend site periodically as needed.
• Research and Development of Knowledge Base Articles.
• Work with the Senior Advisor, HR Strategy to prioritize topics and maintain the project plan.
• Work with the Manager, Client Experience to ensure compliance with publication guidelines and receive approval for publication.
• Collaboration with SMEs to develop effective communications for articles.
• Making recommendations for communication best practices.
• Utilizing pre-approved and branded templates for publication.
• Applying/maintaining OPG Brand Standards.
• Progressing articles through the review process.
• Publishing articles using internal OPG systems.
• Providing feedback to all stakeholders and to the Senior Advisor, HR Strategy.
• Additional communications projects as assigned by the Senior Advisor, HR Strategy.
• Degree in Business Writing, or Communications, or in a related field preferred (equivalent experience considered).
• 3-5 years of experience.
• Writing reference material for business processes, reference guides, manuals, instructions, etc.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Proficient in Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience with image manipulation and editing.
• Comfortable with virtual communication (Skype, MS Teams, Zoom).
• Experience with SharePoint.
• Project Management experience is an asset.
• Advanced communication skills (for various audiences both technical and non-technical) and collaboration skills.
• Ability to prioritize competing deliverables and the ability to multitask.
• Must be comfortable with ambiguity and working productively without supervision.
• Effective collaboration skills; ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders.