Our oil and gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Cost Control Specialist for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…:
Provides cost control support to project management teams by:
• Daily and weekly tracking and reconciliation of project costs based on source documents in accordance with System Improvement processes and procedures.
• Review, code and track invoices to ensure accuracy and proper cost allocation to the project WBS.
• Update the project cost tracker from multiple sources (Oracle/SAP, invoices, PO, vendor emails, etc.)
• Review costs billed to the project and follow-up with the project management team, Finance, Third Parties or other stakeholders when discrepancies arise.
• Perform monthly accruals and affiliate billing as needed.
• Arrange weekly Project Controls meeting and take meeting minutes.
• Providing capital cost control, variance analysis and reporting requirements for multiple complex and multi-disciplined System Improvement projects.
• Prepare reports and presentations for and provide support to project management team members and stakeholders regarding the cost status of their respective project budgets.
• Keep track of Scope Changes and manage the change log.
• Ensuring that client-sanctioned cost control processes are applied in the execution of their project activities.
• Working closely with the project manager and the Finance department and liaise with other project stakeholders for cost-related responsibilities.
• Ensuring relevant information is captured from projects to allow benchmarking.
Provides operational support and leadership by:
• Communicating and working effectively with a varying set of stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Supporting project organization by identifying innovative solutions to project controls problems.
• Coordinating associated administrative matters, e.g., documentation, files, standards and regulations etc.
• Working with the assigned project management team to provide updates to Management
• Adapt strategies, when necessary, to meet the needs of projects managed by the department.
• Ensuring each project team leverages the client-sanctioned cost processes in the execution of their project management activities.
• Other duties as assigned
What you will need to succeed…
• Related university degree or previous field operations experience, OR mix of formal education and experience
• Thorough understanding of Distribution Operations procedures and policies.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
• Demonstrate effective working relationships with peers and internal/external customers
• Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs including spreadsheet and word processor
• Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Project Management Professional designation, AACE certification, and/or Professional Engineering designation are assets
• Advanced working knowledge of related Microsoft Office software, company financial systems, enterprise structure and standard operating procedures, etc.
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers, internal and external stakeholders.
• Salary and job level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Share our core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.