We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Quality Engineer/Technical Officer
Resume Due Date: Thursday, December 17, 2020 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 3 years
- Ability to thoroughly understand the construction, inspection and testing requirements as set out in the Quality Program related to-documentation lifecycle through to closeout.
- Good understanding of procedures and review documents on a technical level
- Review documentation and ensure compliance with required quality specifications are met and maintained during the execution through to completion phases.
- Review and understand Inspection Test Plans relevant to construction activities and applicable specifications and the standards as set out in the Quality Programs.
- Formulate through documentation reviews, effective recommendations on the basis of such findings in terms of augmenting/correcting and improving unsatisfactory documentation.
- Conduct effective meetings to discuss root uses, and discuss recommendations and long-term effectiveness. Prepare reports and present same to senior management.
- Interface with vendors and contractors to facilitate non-conformances. Influence same to reach agreement on the solution of problems, alternatives, proposals and/or action plans to correct deficiencies.
- Responsible to ensure Document Management of all the records related to the quality surveillance activities are met (Significant correspondence, QS Plans, QS Records, etc.,).
- Focused on details, highly organized and works effectively with shifting priorities and rapid change Understand Occupational Health and Safety standards, performance objectives & targets.
- Perform other duties as required. Develop/Maintain documentation metrics to reflect up to do date status.
- Establish performance objectives for processes. Plan, execute, continually assess and make improvements as necessary.
- Create visual data models of business processes to be used for on-going analysis and communication purposes. This includes uploads to EBX, Asset Suite 7, VenDM.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Previous QC execution and records experience required, and prior experience supporting the closeout of project activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge & understanding of Engineering or Quality Control Programs, procedures, processes, equipment & techniques associated with nuclear generation facilities, supporting for planning & readiness, execution & closeout.
- Working knowledge of CSA N285.0, CSA Z 299 and CSA N286-05/12 and ASME codes.
- Construction Work Package assembly experience; in Feeder Replacement, or Single Fuel Channel replacement considered an asset.
- Knowledge of OPG work and configuration management systems considered an asset (Passport/Asset Suite). Demonstrated knowledge and experience with demands of schedule production.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills required.
- Basic computing skills and functionality with standard Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated to achieve desired objectives through deliberate planning and execution of work tasks: defining scope of activities, setting priorities, evaluating, and managing risks and monitoring performance.
- University or College degree in Engineering or Quality Degree; or Engineering or/Quality Technology diploma.
- A minimum of 5+ years practical working experience in a relevant nuclear field.