Our mining client is looking for a Project Manager for a 12- month contract (with the possibility of extension) located in Port Hope and Cobourg Ontario.
What you will be doing…
- Project management of projects located in Port Hope and Cobourg, Ontario
- Projects are in various stages, ranging from concept/framing through to implementation.
- Projects may include scopes of work that involve enhancing fuel production operations, including automation and quality enhancement and could include projects involving water treatment and cooling water systems.
- Typical projects range in value to approximately $1M, but some projects may range to $10 M or more
- Overall planning and coordination of the project effort, ensuring the successful delivery of assigned projects. The project manager is responsible for leading the project team, effectively communicating with stakeholders and accomplishing the stated project objectives
- Define project requirements and execution strategies and manage schedule, budget, scope and quality within the project constraints
- Ensure safe execution of the work is integrated into project planning and managed throughout the project
- Responsible for management of project risk
- Accountable for project reporting
- Responsible for the project schedule
- Manage project change management in compliance with the Change Management procedure.
What you will need to succeed…
- Five or more years of experience managing projects in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience with disciplines approach to project management consistent with the best practices of PMI and PMBOK
- Technical background with experience in mechanical engineering, manufacturing, automation, wastewater treatment is considered an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with LEAN methodologies
- Experience using Microsoft Project to build and maintain project schedules
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.